Become A Partner Agency
Is your organization interested in receiving meals from Second Helpings? Please read the entirety of this page to better understand our relationships with partners and how to become a partner agency.
Partner Agency Requirements
As a Partner Agency of Second Helpings, every organization must:
- Have tax exempt status under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be incorporated for the purpose of serving the ill, needy, seniors, low-income families, or minor children.
- Have a kitchen inspected and licensed from your county health department or from Family and Social Services Administration.
- Have at least one staff member or volunteer working each time meals are served who is trained in food safety.
- Must be serving multiple, free meals a month, and a minimum number of people at each meal.
What Partner Agencies Can Expect from Us
- Healthy, balanced meals made from safely donated food, delivered by our friendly drivers.
- Our best efforts to accommodate changes in the frequency or number of meals needed, assuming that we are provided with ample notice.
- Promotion for partner agencies on signage, in our newsletters, and on our website.
What We Expect from Our Partner Agencies
- Facilities that meet food safety standards.
- Return of restaurant pans, cleaned and sanitized, in exchange for each meal pan delivered.
- Ample notice of any changes in number of meals needed (i.e. closings, meal attendance changes.)
- Partnership-building efforts; i.e. coming in to tour Second Helpings and promoting our partnership in promotional materials.
- An understanding of our limitations:
- Since we rely on the generosity of our food donors, we do not actually shop or order food for our Hunger Relief program, and never know exactly what food we’ll have from day to day. For this reason, we cannot accommodate food allergies, dietary restrictions, or personal preferences. We try to serve kid-friendly food when appropriate and possible, but we cannot take requests for specific foods.
If your organization meets these requirements, we encourage you to fill out our New Partner Agency Interest Form by clicking the button below. When your form is successfully submitted, our Agency Relations Manager will reach out as soon as possible.