- Load outgoing meals for Hunger Relief and deliver them to recipient agencies in a Second Helpings vehicle.
- Monitor proper safe food handling practices at Second Helpings and recipient agencies.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment used during volunteer shift.
- Must first volunteer a few times as a Driver Companion in order to understand routes and procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have an acceptable BMV record.
- Knowledge of community streets and ability to read maps a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with donors and recipients.
- Ability to maintain positive community relationships.
- Heavy lifting required (up to 25-30 lbs).
- In the interests of public safety, all staff and volunteer drivers must comply with Second Helpings’ drug testing policy.
Monday–Friday: 9:15 am–12:00 pm or 12:45-3:00 pm