Please complete the below form if you are interested in bringing a corporate group or organization to volunteer at Second Helpings. Our typical group guidelines are as follow:
- Most groups help us prepare meals by chopping and sorting produce, and preparing more than 4,000 hunger relief meals for over 89 partner agencies.
- Seasonal group opportunities include tending to our Herb Garden and outside grounds, washing our Meal Delivery van fleet, setting up for our Culinary Job Training (CJT) Graduation ceremonies, and serving food during our CJT Mock Restaurant Week.
- We ask that volunteers be able to stand for a couple of hours at a time.
- Because of the nature of the volunteer assignments that are performed at Second Helpings, most onsite tasks aren’t safe for children under the age of 16. Anyone under the age of 18 must have adult supervision with them. Please see our Students and Families page for more information on youth involvement.
Our 6 shift times are (CJT volunteer shifts vary):
- Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday afternoon 11:30-4:00 (10 people max)
- Every other Thursday morning 8:30-12:00 (small groups only: 4-5 people)
- 1st & 3rd Wednesday 4:30-8:00 Hunger Relief Kitchen deep cleaning (10 people max)
- Thursday evening 4:00-8:00 (10 people max)
- Friday afternoon 11:30am-4:00pm
- Saturday morning 9:00am-1:00pm (7 people max)*
*Saturday shifts are currently full through December 2018. Please include requests for Saturday shifts beginning in January, 2019. All shifts include a tour, a delicious meal, and several hours of volunteer activities.
Once you complete the form, someone from our Volunteer Services staff will be in contact with you within one week.